About Aqilla Online Finance and Accounting
Founded in 2006, Aqilla Limited, is the developer of online finance and accounting solutions designed for medium to large-sized businesses and organisations.
Within our Cloud Accounting and Business Software, we combine all the features and tools you via a document centric approach to accounting and finance that includes Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, General Ledger, Cash Matching, Sales Invoicing, Purchase Order / Invoicing, Inventory Control, Multi-Currency, Timesheet, Expense Processing, Project Costing and Budgeting functionalities across an almost unlimited range of analysis.
Delivering real value
Our users experience an Online Accounting platform that grows with their needs and delivers results in an intuitive and easy to use application. API’s and plugins ensure easy integration into CRM, Business Intelligence, Excel and other backend systems.
New customers can be up and running in hours not days, save by not spending money on expensive training/consultancy and removing the ongoing expense of maintenance and management.
Customers need and want something different and we give them something different - real value. With Aqilla, that is what they get:
- Zero Deployment - If users have access to a Web browser, they can access the Aqilla online accounting system.
- Highly Scalable - Highly Scalable - Aqilla runs in a state-of-the-art datacentre and offers effectively unlimited capacity, with virtualization, clustering and failover.
- Access Anywhere, Anytime or "On Demand"- Because there is no accounting software loaded on the client device and the inherent low bandwidth requirements of a browser based solution, it is possible to access the Aqilla online accounting system anywhere in the world.
- Extranet - Provided that sufficient access controls are put in place, it is possible to give an organisation’s partners access to parts of the system providing more responsive levels of self-service.
- Interoperability - Through the use of Web Services, functionality and data may be exposed to, or retrieved from, external systems in a simple and open manner.
- Accounting Freedom - developed using proven value for money open source technologies that do not restrict a customer’s choice either now or in the future.
Our Management Team
Hugh Scantlebury, Director. From roots firmly established in the IT revolution of the 1980s working for Kewill Systems plc, Hugh Scantlebury went on to join Systems Union in 1992.
Colin Christianson, Director & Chief Product Architect. His early career was spent working for Smiths Industries where he was responsible for the implementation of a variety of mainframe and mini-computer systems.
As EMEA Channel Sales Director he led a team managing a £30 million market which generated in excess of £11 million pounds worth of net revenue from channels selling integrated financial and business solutions in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. At Sage, working as General Manager for the Corporate and European Division, he launched two new business initiatives focusing on OLAP and e-Business development services. In 2002 Hugh took up the role of managing director for a 3i-backed business, Foundation Systems, which specialised in the supply, implementation and support of integrated financial and business management. This business became a wholly owned subsidiary of Systems Union Group in December 2003, which in turn was subsequently acquired by Infor, a US$2.1 billion corporation backed by Golden Gate Capital in 2006.
After a spell as a senior consultant with Hoskyns, Colin joined Systems Union as a founding member and director of R&D, leading the development of SunSystems, the mid-market accounting systems leader, from its early inception in the early eighties.
In 1999, Colin recognised that solutions based on emerging web technologies offered an exciting new opportunity and left to setup ncSoft to develop a set of web based applications covering time recording, expense management, and procurement. In 2004, Infor (Systems Union) purchased ncSoft and now offers these products as part of their SunSystems procurement and productivity portfolio of products.
MEET AQILLA - THE CLOUD BASED ACCOUNTING SOLUTION
Dispelling the (five) myths of accounting in the Cloud
Here we present some of the common myths associated with using web-based (online) accounting and finance software and provide a checklist of things to consider when looking at this type of application.