Product Release: 1412
December sees another range of new enhancements which are available to all users on demand. Enhancements include:
The management of rough journal documents has been simplified when rough posted documents are deleted.
If a rough posted document is deleted, the effect of this document is now automatically removed from the ledger. If the document being deleted is the last document associated with the journal document, the journal document is automatically deleted as well.
Thus it is now possible to delete a rough posted document from the Documents tab and Aqilla will automatically update the associated entries in the ledger. Note that if a rough posted document is amended in some way, it is still necessary to re-rough post the document to apply the updates to the ledger.
A new workflow option has been made available to purchase order documents that enables the purchase order to be Closed. This option has two purposes:
- Closed purchase orders are no longer offered for goods receipt and purchase invoice matching.
- Any outstanding commitment associated with the purchase order is automatically reduced to zero in the commitment ledger.
In Period Edit under the Configuration tab, a new option can be set against individual periods that can hide the periods from the Financial Report selection. The available options are:
- Post - users may post to this period (equivalent to Entry Enabled = Yes)
- Report - users may select the period for reporting but not post to it (equivalent to Entry Enabled = No).
- Hidden - the period will not be available for reporting or for posting.
The main purpose of the Hidden option is to reduce the list of old periods from reports. Note that a period may be un-hidden by setting the option back to Report if required. A Filter by Year option has also been added to the Period Edit function making it simpler to view and edit the setup of any financial year.
Inventory - Manual Matching
Month or year end doesn’t have to be slow or difficult. Here is a best practice guide to the busiest times of the accounting and finance year with 5 tips to facilitate a quicker and more efficient period end.