Product Release: 1205
We are pleased to announce that another new release of Aqilla has been released on Monday 28th May 2012.
Aqilla - Microsoft Excel Add-in
- The add-in now supports two forms of the purchase invoice. If you currently only use the “simple” purchase invoices, importing invoices with the PurchaseInvoice2 document with include the imported document in the Purchase Invoice group of documents instead of Purchase Invoice M/C.
- The behaviour of uploading documents through the add-in has been changed. Documents will now only be added if all documents selected for upload are valid. This change will help ensure that invalid documents are not missed and the documents will be added in the sequence that they were defined in the spreadsheet.
To support these enhancements users need to download the latest copy of the Aqilla add-in. If you do not have the password for downloading, contact Aqilla support at firstname.lastname@example.org for details of the user name and password.
Posting Realised Currency Exchange Differences
The process of posting exchange differences in Transaction Matching, Payments, and Debits has been enhanced as follows:
- Exchange difference transactions are now allocated their own unique references (by default prefixed by “FX”).
- Exchange difference transactions are created strictly one per invoice that is paid and copies all analysis information from the original invoice to the exchange difference transaction with the exception of the transaction date which is the payment date.
- Because of the strict matching to invoices, it is now necessary to match any manually paid currency invoices through the Transaction Matching function.
Month or year end doesn’t have to be slow or difficult. Here is a best practice guide to the busiest times of the accounting and finance year with 5 tips to facilitate a quicker and more efficient period end.